Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Playing With My Food - Brownie Sophisticate


I found a nice sale on strawberries so I bought 2 quarts and brought them home. The first quart went fast, eaten fresh with a little sugar. With the second quart, I wanted to do something a little more special.

I bought some chocolate chips and considered making chocolate-dipped strawberries. In the past, I have had trouble with them getting a little soft before they are all eaten. So, I vetoed that idea.


What to do, what to do?


Scanning the pantry cabinet, I found a box of brownie mix, and a bright light bulb popped over my head. ... strawberries and brownies... oooh!


Looking over various recipe sites, it seems whipped cream was in all of them. I'm not a huge fan of whipped topping, and I do not have any in the house.


I do, however have sour cream. Hmmm....


I did a little more research, and came up with Brownie Sophisticate.


I stemmed and sweetened the quart of fresh strawberries.


I baked the brownies, with chocolate chips, then I topped them with the sweetened sour cream and baked again for 5 minutes.


When it cooled, I topped with the sugared strawberries.


I hope you'll give this a try, it is rich, sweet, strawberry-chocolate heaven... it's REALLY good!

No comments:

Post a Comment